This is a reader supported Website. By clicking on product links, you help us keep producing independent objective analysis at no cost to you. Thanks for your support!
- 1 Lose 10 Pounds Fast and Detox Your Body: 2 Week Diets
- 2 Does Being Overweight Put a Strain on Your Body?
- 3 How Many Forms of Toxins Are There?
- 4 Toxic Drinking Water
- 126.96.36.199 Michigan has an estimated 460,000 lead service lines, trailing only two other states, according to a 2016 American Water Works Association survey.
- 188.8.131.52 Plastic (Not) Fantastic: Food Containers Leach a Potentially Harmful Chemical. Is bisphenol A, a major ingredient in many plastics, healthy for children and other … via Plastic (Not) Fantastic: Food Containers Leach a …
- 5 The ABC’s of Weight Loss and Detox
- 5.1 Avoid Ingesting Toxins
- 5.2 Avoid Gaining Weight
- 5.3 Lose Weight with a Two Week Diet
- 5.4 Get Rid of Body Toxins
- 5.5 Two 2 Week Weight Loss and Detox Plans Reviewed
- 5.6 Liz Swann’s Detox Tea Diet
- 5.7 Dr. Oz 2 Week Diet
- 184.108.40.206 If you are looking to kick start a new weight loss routine or conquer a diet plateau, try Dr. Oz’s new two-week rapid weight-loss plan. By loading up on healthy food, like low-glycemic vegetables and small portions of protein, you can help curb your cravings and give your body a healthy start to the year.
- 220.127.116.11 Plus, all of the meals can be automated and prepped, so you can drop pounds without spending a ton of time in the kitchen doing prep work.
- 6 Conclusion
Lose 10 Pounds Fast and Detox Your Body: 2 Week Diets
2 Week Diets are very popular now. Many of us are trying to improve our health through both weight loss and through detox, or detoxification. Why is this? Well the simple fact is that those two issues are the cause of many if not most of the health problems we face as both a society and as individuals.
But how do we do this? With so many options, which approach to choose? This review of the 2 diet detox plans, will save you time and effort, cutting through all the jargon. It explains in simple terms what plan to pick based on YOUR situation. Let’s review why a 2 week diet with detox might be just what you need.
Does Being Overweight Put a Strain on Your Body?
Being overweight puts a strain on your body in many ways. Your heart has to work harder, not just to pump blood to all that extra unnecessary weight, but it makes exertion even more taxing on your heart.
All the extra weight puts extra stress on your joints, especially hips, knees and ankles. Plus, whether we like it or not, from a social point of view, it may hinder us. Here is what the famous Mayo Clinic has to say:
Obesity is a complex disease involving an excessive amount of body fat. Obesity isn’t just a cosmetic concern. It is a medical problem that increases your risk of other diseases and health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and certain cancers.
Obesity is a serious medical condition that can cause complications such as metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, heart disease, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, cancers and sleep disorders.
Treatment depends on the cause and severity of your condition and whether you have complications. Treatments include lifestyle changes, such as heart-healthy eating and increased physical activity, and Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved weight-loss medicines. For some people, surgery may be a treatment option.
How Many Forms of Toxins Are There?
As for the issue of toxins, toxins come in many forms from many different causes, which include but are not limited to:
- GMO foods
- Pesticides in food
- Badly treated water
- Polluted air
- Radiation released over decades of atomic testing, nuclear power plant accidents
- Chemical and plastic food packaging leaches toxins into food stored in them over time.
- Lead and other harmful toxins in drinking water.
- Chemical food additives, like artificial colors, flavors, and so called stabilizers, preservatives and the like
Toxic Drinking Water
Just to give you a couple of examples, there was a story about the people of Flint Michigan being forced to drink lead laced water, which resulted in sickly children and even arrested mental development. Now here it is two years later, and Flint water is still lead filled and toxic! And what’s worse, it’s not the only city.
Michigan has an estimated 460,000 lead service lines, trailing only two other states, according to a 2016 American Water Works Association survey.
And with all the plastic used in food containers, do we end up ingesting it? When you drink water from a typical plastic water bottle bought in a store, the water has been in that bottle for days or even weeks or months. Notice the taste. It’s plastic and you’re drinking it. Likewise, lots of food is selling in or is stored in plastic containers. That is not healthy.
Plastic (Not) Fantastic: Food Containers Leach a Potentially Harmful Chemical. Is bisphenol A, a major ingredient in many plastics, healthy for children and other … via Plastic (Not) Fantastic: Food Containers Leach a …
The ABC’s of Weight Loss and Detox
We’re faced with a 4 fold problem:
- How to avoid ingesting toxins
- How to avoid gaining weight in the first place.
- How to lose weight
- How to get rid of toxins already in our bodies
Let’s take these one at a time.
Avoid Ingesting Toxins
To do this:
Filter Your Home Drinking and Cooking Water (and even consider a shower water filter)
For years, I have used a home water filter. There are basically three kinds
- A filter that attaches to the kitchen faucet head
- A more extensive filter that filters the water as it comes to the sink, and contains typically 3 fold action, such as a ceramic filter to filter out micro particles, such as lead; carbon filter that attracts chemicals: and a resin that softens water.
- A water filter pitcher, which usually consists of a carbon filter in the upper tank. You fill it from the tap, and the water filters through to the lower tank.
Here are examples of filters, which are widely available.
Last update on 2020-03-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Avoid Gaining Weight
- Fill up on fruits and vegetables
- Eat less packaged foods, less sugary foods and NO transfats, like margarine, hydrogenated fats
- Eat less fast foods such as McDonald’s, KFC, etc.
- Reduce your refined carbohydrates, such as white bread and white rice, potatoes
- Eat more protein such as nuts, beans, fish, chicken etc.
- If possible, buy fresh and buy organic
- Avoid mindless snacking, soft drinks like Coke and even Diet Soft Drinks
- Switch from an unhealthy diet, to eating food that’s good for you
Lose Weight with a Two Week Diet
Get Rid of Body Toxins
- Drink more water
- Follow the Suggestions above that help lose weight
- Do Exercise that make you sweat.
Two 2 Week Weight Loss and Detox Plans Reviewed
There are countless plans nowadays. A Google search for “Weight Loss Plans” created 2,870,000 results, and “Detox Plans” resulted in over 8,000,000 possibilities! So we are going to look at three of the most well known plans in this review:
- Liz Swann’s Red Tea 2 week Detox Diet
- Dr. Oz’s 2 Week Diet
Liz Swann’s Detox Tea Diet
Like many people who become interested in fitness, Liz has an interesting story to tell. She has led a healthy life style and had clients for whom she recommended fitness and health. However, a difficult pregnancy resulted in a significant amount of weight gain which she just couldn”t lose.
Just looking in the mirror made her feel ashamed and depressed. Eventually, she decided to go to Africa to see if should could find an herbal solution to her problem. Download her free ebook which also explains everything in detail here.
Sure enough, in a harrowing course of events, she ended up meeting some African tribal people, who of course don’t rely on Western medicine. And as she got to know them, she learned special herbs that helped to detoxify her body, and resume her normal weight. It was due to that experience, that she created the Red Tea Detox Diet.
Here is a video review. Full Disclosure: This is an actress speaking from an actual customer’s feedback.
This diet emphasizes reducing the amount of carbohydrates (white bread, spaghetti, candy, donuts, pastry, sugary drinks, cakes, cookies) you eat, which she claims is the main cause of weight gain, rather than eating lots of fats. She also has an exercise program and a detailed food program to follow during the period of the 2 week diet.
The main feature of her diet is a very special tea recipe, which is supposed to help your body speed up its metabolism so that you can lose weight naturally.
- Well thought out diet plan backed by science
- A special tea recipe that helps with weight loss
- An easy to follow exercise program
- Reasonably priced
- Free Facebook group where you can ask questions and get support
- Optional private coaching for an extra fee
- The tea recipe has some ingredients that are pretty expensive
- Also recommends a high quality but expensive energy drink
- It involves going to the gym 3 -4 times a week
Dr. Oz 2 Week Diet
Dr. Oz is a well known internet health guru, who provides a lot of education for free. He also has a 2 week diet plan, which is a free, no frills 2 week diet. From the Dr. Oz website:
If you are looking to kick start a new weight loss routine or conquer a diet plateau, try Dr. Oz’s new two-week rapid weight-loss plan. By loading up on healthy food, like low-glycemic vegetables and small portions of protein, you can help curb your cravings and give your body a healthy start to the year.
Plus, all of the meals can be automated and prepped, so you can drop pounds without spending a ton of time in the kitchen doing prep work.
The Dr. Oz 2 week diet has a slide instruction plan with:
- What you can eat
- What to eliminate
- Other things to do
- List of low glycemic vegetables
- Food shopping list
Dr. Oz, unlike Liz Swann’s Red Tea Detox, teaches through his Video show, with a live studio audience. His site also has a slide presentation that gives you the information you need–What to eat, what not to eat, and so on. He also recommends vitamins and probiotic supplements.
- It’s FREE! Just go to the Dr. Oz link
- Gives slides with all the information you need to do the diet
- It is online, short and to the point
- No theory, so you may not understand the science behind it
- Short plan without extensive explanation
- No Facebook group to ask questions and get support
- No corresponding exercise plan
Obviously, these 2 plans are all valuable, useful and popular. A lot depends on which one fits your temperament. I have not tried Dr. Oz’s diet specifically, although I have tried Liz’s and lost weight with it. I like the fact that Liz’s plan also includes and exercise program that is simple and easy to follow.
Yesterday I went to the doctor for a full medical checkup–blood works, chest x-ray, blood chemistry and full abdomen ultrasound. The medic who examined my 69 year old body said I look much younger. My blood pressure is normal, I need no medications and although my cholesterol level had been a little high a few months ago,
it is well within normal limits with a very healthy good/bad cholesterol level. Blood sugar is also within normal limits. (Update, November 2019: I dramatically reduced the amount of chicken and fish to once or 2x a week. I substitute beans and nuts for the protein in chicken and fish, while in any case avoiding beef, pork, lamb, etc.)
Now, my Total Cholesterol dropped from 209 to 169. My doctor told he had never seen such a drop in Cholesterol without the use of drugs.)
I found the exercise regimen that Liz Swann recommends is easy to follow, nothing complicated:
- Go to the gym
- Do some warm ups
- Go through the routine–just 4 exercises
So where to go from here?
If you don’t want to spend any money, and feel you can stick with a weight loss program and don’t want to exercise, the Dr. Oz might be just what you like. Or, if you already have an exercise program and just want a diet to go with it, take the Dr. Oz diet.
Both plans have free resources that explain the theory and basics of each plan for free.
Thanks for reading and good luck with your weight loss journey!
PS Which body do you want to have? Click the image of the body you’d like to have.
This article’s author