- 1 The Best Multi Ingredient Glucosamine Chondroitin Joint Supplement for Knee Pain
- 2 What are the Two Main Types of Joint Nutritional Supplements?
- 3 Causes of Joint Pain
- 4 Joint Regen Review
- 5 Conclusion:
The Best Multi Ingredient Glucosamine Chondroitin Joint Supplement for Knee Pain
Joint pain is an issue that affects millions of adults. Specifically, arthritis, one of many forms of joint pain, affects over 54 million people in America. Sprains, strains, tears of tendons and ligaments, which occur in sports or accidents is another cause. There are many ways to treat this problem, one of which is the use of analgesic symptom relievers such as steroids, Nonsteroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs, opioid and so on. These do not actually promote healing. And for that reason, many people turn to nutritional supplements.
If you dig into the whole area of nutritional supplements, it gets more complicated, because there are basically two broad types of supplements. But to cut the chase, here is the knee pain supplement I take every day:
What are the Two Main Types of Joint Nutritional Supplements?
- Single ingredient supplements
- Multiple ingredient supplements
We have covered a number of different types of ingredients in the post, The Best Joint Supplement Ingredients for Knee Pain Relief.
And elsewhere, we covered 6 popular nutritional supplements that make use of mainly one ingredient or a small number of ingredients.
In this article, we’ll take on a supplement worth your attention that is a more comprehensive formula, which is a combination vitamin and mineral, as well as herbs and naturally occurring joint health ingredients. This makes for a powerful multipronged approach to not just soothing pain but can actually help to rebuild the tissues, so that the underlying cause of discomfort heals. Unlike other knee and joint supplement which have any where from 1 to perhaps 6 ingredients, the product we’ll talk about, Joint Regen, has a total of 12 ingredients.
To find the best joint supplements for knees and other problem areas, we researched numerous products and reviews to find the best choice.
Our definitive answer: Joint Regen. You learn the full details from ASR Research, which created the formula. To learn more, go here.
But first, let’s take a look at the problem.
Causes of Joint Pain
Joints connect your bones, and joint pain can occur anywhere throughout the body where bones connect. The areas most affected by joint pain are the knees, followed by the shoulders and hips.
Inflammation and degeneration of the joint tissue are what cause joint pain. Cartilage is the tissue that covers bones and allows bones to move freely. When cartilage in the joints breaks down, it causes the bones to rub together, which leads to increased swelling, pain, and stiffness. If joint pain persists for too long, it can become chronic. Besides cartilage, tendons, ligaments and other tissues allow bones to move freely.
Joints deteriorate for many reasons, but mainly due to injury or disease. Plus, extensive and repetitive physical exertion that puts pressure on the joints also can lead to joint pain over time. Athletes, fitness professionals, bodybuilders, and dancers are all susceptible to joint pain caused by injury or by overuse.
Joint pain also can occur simply as an effect of aging.
Numerous Maladies Cause Joint Pain
Various diseases can cause joint pain, including but not limited to:
- Bone disease
- Carpal tunnel
- Infectious arthritis (caused by bacteria, virus, or fungi)
- Osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
No matter the cause of joint pain, its harmful effects are undeniable. According to the CDC, the two kinds of joint pain are a major problem in the United States. Acute joint pain lasts for a short time period. Chronic joint pain lasts several weeks to months. Both benefit from treatment to ease the pain, so that people can get back to normal activity.
Taking Supplements to Ease Joint Pain
There are various options for relieving pain, but not all work for everyone afflicted by joint pain. Non prescription drugs provide mild temporary relief. However, acetaminophen can cause liver damage. And aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen sodium, or NSAID’s also have side effects: Side Effects of Long Term NSAID Use: Pain Relief Comes with Risk
Prescription opioids provide stronger pain relief, but can cause other problems, such as constipation, or even addiction. The ravaging effects on the body over a long period of time, as well as the risk of addiction, are drawbacks to oral medications for joint pain relief.
Topical Treatments and Injections (Cortisone, Hyaluronic Acid, Platelet Rich Plasma, Placental Tissue Matrix)
Topical treatments and various kinds of injections provide joint pain relief. But these tend to be temporary solutions that don’t get to the root of the problem. Treatments applied directly on the skin often give temporary relief. Yet, they may not be effective for people suffering from severe joint pain.
Moreover, injections provide longer-lasting relief, but they are not permanent solutions. Injections can become an expensive form of treatment, depending on one’s health insurance plan. Plus, cortisone can cause a thinning of the tissues, if used too much.
Joint Supplements vs. Oral Medications, Topical Ointments, Injections
Joint supplements are a preferred basic method of easing joint pain. They avoid the risk and dependency on pharmaceuticals and can be a more effective and longer-lasting solution than topical creams and injections. Oral medications and topical creams all provide short-term solutions for pain management. But using these methods to treat joint pain is, as the saying goes, like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound.
Supplements for knee cartilage repair may promote joint healing, which over time reduces pain. Joint supplements, combined with good diet and exercise strengthen joints and improve flexibility. They are a great way to treat knee pain before professional care, including surgery become necessary.
Many natural anti-inflammatory supplements are on the market. The problem, though, is that many of these supplements only target and repair a few components of the joints. Without a comprehensive solution that repairs all components of the joints, true recovery and pain relief remain out of reach.That’s where Joint Regen picks up the slack. With twelve ingredients total, Joint Regen is a glucosamine chondroitin supplement that provides comprehensive joint repair and pain relief. To see why, read our reviews of Joint Regen and other competitive products to see how Joint Regen really does what other supplements don’t do.
Joint Regen Review
Joint Regen is an innovative and revolutionary product from A.S. Research. Comprised of natural ingredients and additional cutting-edge compounds, Joint Regen is a supplement that combats joint pain by promoting joint repair and regeneration. With thirteen ingredients, Joint Regen has over twice the amount of heal-friendly ingredients compared to other competing supplements.
Daily Serving: 4 capsules / day–2 capsules twice a day
Serving Size: 2 capsules
- Glucosamine Sulfate HCL (1000mg)
- Chondroitin Sulfate (500 mg)
- Cetyl Myristoleate (300 mg)
- Methylsulfonylmethane (300 mg)
- Boswellia serrata Extract (90 mg)
- Boron (9 mg)
- Piperine (5mg)
- Vitamin C (400 mg)
- Zinc (600 mcg)
- Manganese (2 mg)
- Copper (400 mcg)
- Chromium (20 mcg)
Many of these ingredients are known to contribute to the repair, regeneration, and maintenance of joints. In addition, the Joint Regen capsules also contain essential vitamins and nutrients for added health benefits.
Treating different Aspects of Joint Healing
Each of the ingredients in Joint Regen contributes to a different part of the joint healing process, and as a whole, they offer total joint regeneration that gets to the root of joint pain.
- Glucosamine Sulfate HCL—A naturally occurring compound found in the human body. On its own, glucosamine is considered a building block for cartilage and is essential to preventing further breakdown. Glucosamine helps with water retention in cartilage and lubricates the joints. Sulfate is a key ingredient for the body to produce cartilage. Combined into a singular compound, Glucosamine sulfate HCL is a key component in the growth, repair, and continued maintenance of joint cartilage.
- Chondroitin Sulfate—Another naturally occurring ingredient found in the human body and other animal cartilage, this compound has anti-inflammatory properties, improves joint function, reduces pain, and slows the progression of joint degeneration. Research has shown that Chondroitin sulfate changes the structure of collagen and enhances its shock-absorbing effects. In addition, Chondroitin sulfate also furthers cartilaginous water retention and blocks the enzymes that lead to cartilage degeneration. When used in conjunction with Glucosamine sulfate, it is believed to reverse the loss of cartilage.
- Cetyl Myristoleate (CMO)—Although this is a chemical compound, it is the synthetic form of the naturally occurring Myristoleic acid. It lubricates both muscles and joints, which in turn reduces soreness. Moreover, it also purportedly can fight off infections and boost the immune system.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)—A natural compound found in plants, animals, and humans, MSM has important anti-inflammatory properties. People with various forms of arthritis, musculoskeletal pain, and other conditions often take MSM either in pill form or as a topical treatment. MSM also reduces pain and boosts immune functions.
- Boswellia Serrata extract—The active components of this extract contain anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. They also prevent cartilage loss. Other names for this are Crystalline DMSO, Dimethylsulfone, Diméthylsulfone, Dimethyl Sulfone MSM, DMSO2, Methyl Sulfone, Methyl Sulfonyl Methane…
- Boron—Considered an essential nutrient for bone and joint health, boron is necessary for the repair and regeneration of joint cartilage. It facilitates calcium absorption, which in turn leads to stronger bones and denser joint cartilage.
- Piperine—The active component in black pepper, piperine powder has anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties. By reducing inflammation, piperine also reduces soreness around the joints.
- Vitamin C—A powerful antioxidant, this vitamin performs several essential functions that combat joint pains. Studies have shown it acts as an anti-inflammatory and protects against infection. Both inflammation and infection are strongly linked to rheumatoid arthritis. Plus, Vitamin C is crucial for the synthesis of collagen, which is the main component of joint tissue.
- Zinc—This mineral facilitates several processes in the body, including cell reproduction, wound healing, and tissue growth.
- Manganese—A mineral found to play an important part in many of the body’s chemical processes, a deficiency in manganese levels has been shown to lead to joint pain. Manganese is an anti-inflammatory, that along with glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate, is recommended for arthritis treatment.
- Copper—Although this mineral is essential for numerous bodily processes, it is not naturally produced by the body but must be ingested through certain foods or supplements. Copper is responsible for maintaining cell health in nearly all the body’s tissues, making it a significant factor in reducing joint pain and treating arthritis.
- Chromium—This mineral fulfills a few roles pertaining to energy production from foods, maintaining brain functions, and breaking down insulin. While it doesn’t contribute directly to joint repair, its role in breaking down insulin is important because people who have been diagnosed with diabetes are twice as likely to be inflicted by arthritis. Diabetes can lead to issues such as stiffness and pain in the joints, carpal tunnel, and other pains throughout the body. So controlling blood sugar levels can curb the painful effects of insulin imbalance.
- Anti-inflammatory and/or Pain Reliever = Chondroitin sulfate + MSM + Boswellia + piperine powder + Vitamin C + Manganese + Copper + Chromium = 1297.42 mg
- Joint Lubrication, Repair, and Regeneration = Glucosamine sulfate + CMO + boron + Vitamin C + Zinc = 2459.9 mg
As with any of the joint supplements, Joint Regen has both pros and cons that must be carefully considered.
- Packed with 12 ingredients for total joint repair and regeneration
- Outperforms competitors by supporting comprehensive joint health and repair
- Contains the “big 3” in combating joint pain: MSM, glucosamine sulfate, and chondroitin sulfate
- Use of cutting-edge compound CMO
- Natural supplements—no pharmaceuticals!
- Long-term joint pain relief
- Affordable at barely over 1 dollar/day
- May take 30-60 days to notice pain relief (although the boswellia and piperine relieve inflammation in a few days)
- Requires taking 4 capsules daily
Furthermore, unlike the many Glucosamine based supplements available, Joint Regen goes after the problem with both vitamin C which helps with your body’s collagen, and minerals which aid joint health. The inclusion of natural anti arthritic Cetyl Myristoleate (CMO) also boosts Joint Regen into a tier all its own. Although CMO was pioneered by Dr. Harry Diehl over forty years ago, the health benefits of cetyl myristoleate for humans were not actively researched until recent years. The reason Dr. Diehl’s discovery is so remarkable is that he found that Swiss mice cannot get arthritis because of the presence of Myristoleic acid in their blood.
Thus, the inclusion of CMO along with numerous other naturally occurring compounds and minerals makes Joint Regen one of the best natural anti-inflammatory and joint health supplements.